Jobs impacted my life in numerous ways through not only his great innovations and style, but also in his words.
Here’s my top 10 list of Steve Job quotes that have resonated with me over the years.
God bless you Steve and many thanks. You’ll be missed.
Steve Jobs Top 10 Best Quotes
- “We’re here to put a dent in the universe, otherwise why else even be here?”
- “Be a yardstick of quality. Some people aren’t used to an environment where excellence is expected.”
- “Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower.”
- “That’s been one of my mantras – focus and simplicity. Simple can be harder than complex. You need to work hard to get your thinking clean to make it simple, but it’s worth it in the end because once you get there, you can move mountains.”
- “I’m convinced that about half of what separates the successful entrepreneurs from the non-successful ones is pure perseverance.”
- Remembering that you’re going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose.”
- “Stay hungry, stay foolish.”
- “The only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle. As with all matters of the heart, you’ll know when you find it.”
- “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone elses life. Don’t be trapped by dogma – which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of others opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.”
- We don’t get a chance to do that many things and every one should be really excellent because this is our life.”
…And, one more thing!
10+. “You know a design is good when you want to lick it.” … And, “Design is not what it looks like. Design is how it works.”
Congratulations to our super client and all of our super friends at Idlewild & SoakZone for repeating as the ‘Best Children’s Park in the World!’ Here’s the press release we put on the wire earlier today. What a well deserving bunch!
Idlewild & SoakZone Repeats as Best Children’s Park in the World
LIGONIER, PA – September 17, 2011 – Today, at its Golden Ticket ceremony held in Santa Claus, Indiana, Amusement Today Magazine (http://www.amusementtoday.com) recognized Pennsylvania’s Idlewild & SoakZone (http://www.idlewild.com) as the ‘Best Children’s Park in the World’ for the second consecutive year.
“The Golden Tickets are awarded based on a poll of experienced and well-traveled amusement park fans worldwide,” explained Gary Slade, Publisher and Editor-in-Chief of Amusement Today. “Since the inception of the best children’s park category in 2004, Idlewild & SoakZone placed in the top two, and placed first in 2010. It’s a testament to Idlewild & SoakZone’s perseverance in providing a unique family- friendly entertainment value in such a beautiful park setting.”
“This honor means a lot to our dedicated team members, who work hard to provide a fun, family-friendly experience every season. To be recognized as one of the best is fantastic news for our guests and the Laurel Highlands region, who have supported us for over 130 years,” said Park spokesperson Jeff Croushore. “We’re overjoyed to once again be named Best Children’s Park and wish to share this award with all of our fans, both the young and the young at heart.”
For more information about the 2011 survey results, visit: http://www.goldenticketawards.com/
ABOUT AMUSEMENT TODAY’S GOLDEN TICKET AWARDS
Amusement Today is an amusement industry trade publication based in Arlington, Texas. Introduced in 1998, the Golden Tickets are the most prized awards in the industry. Amusement park fans worldwide are asked to rate the top parks in 25 categories. The 2011 international poll was the eighth for children appeal in its 14-year history. For more information, call 817.460.7220 or visit http://www.amusementtoday.com.
ABOUT IDLEWILD & SOAKZONE
Founded in 1878 as a picnic ground along the Ligonier Valley Rail Road, Idlewild & SoakZone (www.idlewild.com) is the oldest amusement park in Pennsylvania and third-oldest in America. Featuring seven theme areas, operations run late-May through Labor Day with “Hallowboo,” a Halloween-themed event, taking place in October. Idlewild is part of the Palace Entertainment family of parks that hosts over 14 million visitors annually at five theme parks, two animal parks, 10 waterparks, and 21 family entertainment centers. For more information, call 724.238.3666 or visit http://www.idlewild.com and http://www.palaceentertainment.com.
All of us at BrandMill are happy to report that one of our super clients – Idlewild & Soak Zone in Ligonier, PA (about an hour drive from Pittsburgh) – is now open and operating its 134th season of summer fun and has made a huge splash with its new water park attraction, “Wowabunga” Family Wave Pool.
New Wowabunga Family Wave Pool
Wowabunga features intermittent waves suitable for both younger and older guests as well as a “beach” area perfect for guests looking to soak up the summer sun. See awe-inspiring cirque entertainment all summer long at Cirque Extreme – Under the Big Top and enjoy the following special events – all included with the price of admission – and with free picnicking too:
- June 13 – 17 & June 20 – 24 – BOGO Days
- June 19 – Firefighter/EMS Family Appreciation Day
- June 27 – July 3 – Showcase of Stars
- July 4 – Fireworks
- July 5 -8 – Antique & Classic Car Show and Parade
- July 11 – 15 – Mister Rogers’ Neighbor Days
- July 18 – 22 – Meet the Marvel Comic Super Heroes (Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk, Captain America)
- July 25 -29 – Christmas In July
- July 31 – Cheerleading Competition
- August 12 – Italian Day Festa
- August 22 – 26 – Car Load Days
- October – Hallowboo!
For more details, check out this recent video on KDKA-TV’s Pittsburgh Today LIVE featuring Park Spokesperson Jeff Croushore.
About Idlewild & ZoakZone
Founded in 1878 as a simple picnic ground along the Ligonier Valley Rail Road, Idlewild & SoakZone is the oldest amusement park in Pennsylvania and third-oldest in America. In addition, it is rated the best kid’s park in the world by Amusement Today magazine and the best park for families by the National Amusement Park Historical Association. Idlewild features seven fun theme areas such as SoakZone Waterpark, Story Book Forest and Mister Rogers’ Neighborhood of Make-Believe. Seasonal operations run through Labor Day and “Hallowboo,” a Halloween-themed event, takes place in October. Idlewild is part of the Palace Entertainment family which hosts over 13 million visitors annually at 40 locations across the country. With 8 theme parks, 11 water parks and 21 family entertainment centers, Palace is the largest operator of water parks and family entertainment centers in the nation. For more information, call 724.238.3666 or visit http://www.idlewild.com and http://www.palaceentertainment.com.
Congratulations to a great client and family – the Graf family, owners of the Priory Hospitality Group in Pittsburgh, PA – for being recognized by the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) as the Family Owned Business of the Year!
All of us at BrandMill are proud to serve as a marketing partner of the Priory Hospitality Group.